March 04, 2015
The Indiana defective product lawyers with Stewart & Stewart Attorneys explain that restaurants have a legal obligation to ensure the food and beverages they serve are safe for their customers. Any failure to meet these standards could result in legal action against the restaurant, along with it’s staff and management.
Such legal action was taken in January when a teenager from Muncie was harmed by tea from a McDonald’s restaurant contaminated with cleaning chemicals. Now, another such case has arisen in Indianapolis.
According to ABC 6 News, an officer with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department filled a cup at the McDonald’s located on West 38th Street on Saturday, Feb. 28. He took one sip of the liquid and immediately reported a burning sensation in his throat. He reported the incident to restaurant management and was informed a cup should have been placed over the drink dispenser as employees were in the process of cleaning the vat and had walked away for a moment.
The officer was taken to the hospital and treated for ingesting a dangerous industrial degreaser. He was later released from the facility, but continues to have throat issues and is hoping there are no long-term side effects.
At Stewart & Stewart Attorneys, we know the struggles that can accompany unexpected injuries. Our Indiana personal injury lawyers are hopeful that both victims in these cases experience a full and swift recovery from their injuries.